Spa is a short word of Salut Per Aqua , Solus Per Aqua , Sanus Per Aquam. All of these words mean health by water. Some sources say that SPA comes from the name of a small hot spring village called Spau in Belgium. The hot mineral springs were used during the ancient time (Roman, Greeks, Egyptians, Mesopotamians and Minoans) as social bathing, healing or treating wounds and aches.
In the past years, Spa business expanded rapidly. Spa becomes a place for healing mind and body. Spa attracts women as well as men, both at all ages.
"East meet west" concept. Spa trend is to combine technique and service from western part and eastern part of the world to meet the clients' needs. Popular techniques include acupuncture, aromatherapy, reflexology, Swedish message, Thai massage, Japanese Shiatu, Reiki, Tai Chi and Yoga.
There are different types of Spas services. They vary from very luxurious facilities to individual professional person. Before visiting the spa you have to decide what your goals of visiting the spa are.
· Resort/Hotel Spa - Usually offers fitness center, body and facial beauty treatment as well as massage. They also offer spa facilities such as swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi.
· Destination Spa - Offer an accommodations including exercise, fitness program to promote health and well-being, professional treatment, spa/health cuisine.
· Holistic Spa - Focusing on body and mind together with modern therapies.
· Medi Spa - Working under medical doctor direction to provide Spa service, therapies and treatments.
· Day Spa - For any person who does not have much time during the day or can not take long vacation. They offer beauty treatment, relaxation and wellness program. The program last from half an hour to a day.
Technorati tags: Medi Spa